Back to work! I think we called this Brewathon 2.1. You can always check on Brewathon.com. Shane made 55 or 60 gallons, it got a little fuzzy during some of the more chaotic times. I made 10: a Biere de Garde, and a coffee stout that I will discuss in another post. Dan assisted on all fronts, eventually settling into being the hotwaterkeeper.
Hopefully, we have learned some things about mashing double batches. Mostly that if you are going to put 25+ lbs of grain and 8.5 gallons of water in a 10-gallon cooler, you're gonna need to put in half the water, then all the grain, then mix and add the rest of the water. Note the dark overflow on the sparging Rebel Rye below:
At the end of the day, it was resounding success. We had a couple bad kitties towards the end of the day, and a carboy went down, but that'll happen. If we get much more efficient, it won't be homebrewing anymore, it'll just be brewing.