Sunday, November 17, 2013

So many things

Alright!  I've got information that needs an outlet.  I'm doing things and if I'm the only one watching, I don't make notes.  This blog is going to center around beer brewing and other forms of fermentation: pickling, cheesemaking, vinegar, that kind of thing.  But more broadly, it will be about trying something new, making something you didn't know you could make, and the unlimited variety available at every step along the way.

I've tried a lot of new things in the past few months, and I'm just not taking enough pictures and writing enough down about what I did.  So ultimately, this blog is going to be a little bit self-serving and self-indulgent, but I think if things are done with enthusiasm and sincerity, that comes through.  I tend to teach when I have the chance, or at least that's what it sounds like in my head, so I plan for many of these posts to be informative for those who may want to try something, and my #1 piece of advice is to just try it.  So much of this stuff is *so easy* once you've done it or seen it done in person.

Also, somewhere out there is a website called Brewathon.com.  It's down right now, and I don't know enough about the backend to get it up on my own.  I'm tired of waiting, but if it comes back up, I'll probably be moving there.  For now: au travail.

No comments:

Post a Comment