Friday, July 4, 2014

Exploded vs. Unexploded


My ginger beer done blew up on me!  It was disappointingly flat for months, then suddenly (though coincident with the recent seasonal rise in temperature) they started being REALLY carbonated.  

Then they started blowing up.  

That's never good; so one day, I just uncapped them all, dumped them into a clean bucket, and transferred that to a clean carboy.  I threw an airlock on it, saw little to no activity, and after a week or so, re-bottled it.  The flavor has changed: it's definitely picked up a little bit of a sour character, and I have to say that it's not quite as gingery as it was.  If you had any of this beer the first time around, you know that's an acceptable loss.  This shit was gingery-er than ginger.

I'm getting ready to make it again, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment